Tuesday, May 04, 2010
talking up a storm
Sometimes I feel like time goes by so fast it almost overwhelms me. I barely blink, take a breath, and suddenly it's two months later. Blue Eyes' vocabulary has come leaps and bounds in the last month, or maybe even few weeks. He was always repeating everything, now he's just talking all the time. Pointing things out in books, on shirts, in pictures. Starting to say real phrases. At the lake this weekend he tried getting over a huge pile of bags, blankets and pillows and rolled to the bottom stuck in a little crevice, looks up at me and goes "mommy... I fall down". Tonight, reading a bedtime book, I had an ongoing commentary from the peanut gallery in my lap. I'm trying to read the words to "the little engine that could" and he's talking about all the pictures. "choo choo twain" "cwown" (clown) "baar" (bear) "Rar!" "mommy! Choo choo twain!" and on and on...He's always telling me things, sometimes I understand them, sometimes it's a stream of jabber and I wonder if HE has any idea what he's saying. Sometimes it's pretty darn clear. The other day on a walk he stops in the neighbor's driveway and starts pointing at vehicles "shuck!" "schuck!" it took me a minute to realize he was saying truck, and then when I got it he pointed at everything with four wheels in sight. "shuck!" "shuck!" (there were probably 7 or 8) so I say to him "there are trucks everywhere." and he does a little happy dance, spreads his arms out wide, and yells "EVERYWHERE!" (though it sounded more like "ebewhewe")
His buddy got a new baby brother this week, so he stayed with us a couple days while mom and dad were in the hospital. His friend's name is Treyton, and Blue Eyes started saying his name a lot only we lost the 'on' on the end. Treyton, in our house, is now "Treyt".
I can't share everything. I wish I could get in a better habit of writing on here. This is serving as information for my faithful readers (hi grandmas and grandpas!) but it's also my baby book. I have to record this stuff!
I wish I could bottle up time right now. Blue Eyes is in SUCH a cute stage, and I just don't want it to end. I adore all the talking and the cute words and the starting of phrases and the jabber and the random things he does. Random hugs, coming over and grabbing our fingers and pulling us to whatever he wants. Calling everything and everyone "mommy". This weekend it was constantly "Hi Mommy!", whether it was mommy or not. He did tell our neighbor the other day that I was his mommy though, so he's not confused (not that i was concerned). (looking at her, he pointed at me and said 'mommy').
He's silly, and giggly, and relatively easy, and so cute, and I love every stinking precious moment of it.
1 Comments:
I love it :) Can't wait to see you guys! Just a few more days...
Post a Comment
<< Home