Wednesday, June 09, 2010
cookie!
Fun Blue Eyes Story of the day:We're hitting the terrible twos. Everything is No! No! No! and very often he wants exactly what I suggest, he just wants it to be HIS idea. Argh.
So tonight I'm putting him to bed, sitting in the bedroom trying to read books and he's wiggling all over the place, wanting this, wanting that. Then starts yelling "mommy!" Mommy!" "MOMMY" over and over. I'm all "what? What do you want? What?"
Then I realize. Oh... mommy is daddy and daddy is mommy (someone, PLEASE explain this to me?) so I say "Do you want daddy?"
Suddenly: he sits still, grins, bobs his head up and down "Yeah!"
So we yell for DADDY (I do, that is) and he comes in to say goodnight. Suddenly little man starts wiggling, screaming, crying, throwing a FIT. I'm trying to restrain him and get him to calm down, when daddy says "Do you want me to read you a book?"
sits still, grins, reaches for daddy "Yeah!"
(he knows these words, why does he not use them?)
Then. Cute. I say goodnight and lean in to give him a kiss, he puckers up for it and then points at daddy. Then me. Then daddy. So I give daddy a kiss. Big Grin and "bye bye" he waves (we're done with you now mom, get outta here).
Every moment like that makes all the screaming worth it.
My favorite little boy word right now: Cookie! I wish i could tell you how he says it. Adorable. I'll get a video someday.
Also? He turned 21 months old, and it's definitely time to stop counting in months because i'm having a hard time remembering which month we're on. And he has a handprint, footprint and his name in our NEW PATIO.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home