Thursday, June 10, 2010

playroom

We have a sunroom off our dining room, there are two steps down into it and a concrete floor. Last summer we had all kinds of conversations about whether it would be a good playroom or not, and I was just really convinced that at 1 1/2 Blue Eyes wouldn't be old enough to play out there, with the steps and all.

Then, a few weeks ago I moved the road rug into the sunroom, simply because I didn't like it taking over my living room, and the sunroom became the playroom.

It might still be up for debate on whether 21 months is old enough to be playing, with 'working in the kitchen, keeping an eye on him' supervision, in a room with two steps and a cement floor.

But, darn, the kid is growing up, and he's getting REALLY good at steps. If there are just a couple, he can step down them without holding onto anything (though, he really prefers a handrail or a grownup hand) and he's smart enough to know when he can't step down them because he's holding something that will throw his balance off. So, I feel pretty comfortable letting him play in there. We discourage climbing/playing on the steps, and figure he won't be mortally wounded if he falls, so we let it be.

The other night we had small group (bible study) and Blue Eyes was playing with his cars by himself. My back was to him, but I'd turn and check on him now and then, and he was doing fine. Then, suddenly, he started wailing.

I picked him up off the floor, cuddled him, checked him, couldn't see any obvious injuries so I started asking him if he hurt.

"Does your hand hurt?"

*still half-crying" "yaa." and he hold his hand up.

"Does your head hurt?"

*nods* "yaa."

"Does your FOOT hurt?"

*nods* "yaa."

Then:
"Nose" and he points at his nose. THAT's what really hurt.

The next morning I saw this when he woke up:
From Drop Box


His nose really DID hurt!

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

Poor little a. That's no fun :( Well, I'm sure he'll be back to normal in no time at all!

3:41 PM 

Post a Comment

<< Home