Tuesday, June 29, 2010

stinkies

I have thought to myself multiple times how NOT ready I am for potty training. Blue Eyes is at that age where you talk about it and think about it but, fortunately, don't necessarily need to push it. I also have a lot of friend with kids his age and older who all are going through the potty training thing with their kids. I hear the stories and just think "I am NOT ready!"

And, until a few weeks ago, Blue Eyes wasn't either. He liked to play with his potty training potty but showed no interest at all in sitting on it, going in it, caring if he was wet or dirty, etc. He RAN (away) every time we mentioned changing the diaper.

A few weeks ago it started bothering him when his diaper was stinky. Not always, but sometimes, and then he'd willingly go for a diaper change.

Last week, every once in a while, he started acting like the dirty diaper was bothering him BEFORE he'd gotten it dirty. He did it a couple times, and a few minutes later I'd have to change the stinky diaper. I quickly decided that if he was cue-ing that he was about to go, then we'd might as well stick him on the potty.

Today was the third time, since the middle of last week that he put a "stinky" in the potty. He scrunches up his face, walks funny, messes with his diaper and says "stinky mom", and then after he put it in the potty: "I did it!" he says, and waves "bye-bye" as it goes down the toilet.

I'm still not really ready for potty training. But if it can start off slow and easy like this, maybe it won't be so hard when we are actually pushing it. Here's to hoping he keeps it up!

4 Comments:

Blogger angela said...

I would say that if you are doing that you are potty training :) I'm just hoping Shaela is as easy as Ava was. I put a potty in the bathroom and she was trained, lol :)

9:42 PM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

I might be doing it, but that doesn't mean i'm ready!! :)

10:06 PM 
Blogger angela said...

you're not the one who needs to be ready, he is :)

10:05 AM 
Blogger yellowgirl said...

yup!! That's why we're doing it -Even if i'm not ready :)

10:10 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home