Friday, July 09, 2010

mmm, that's goood.

I think we often don't realize the things we say regularly, our own little mannerisms and sayings become so much a part of us that they're second nature, and those around us get so used to them that they don't hear it either. It's not until we become parents that things we say become glaringly obvious. I'm thanking the Lord that my hubby and I don't say bad words or phrases regularly, because I'm sure it's hard to make yourself stop when those words are second nature. I don't remember what happened the other day, spilled something, hurt myself, something that made me mad and I started saying "shoot! shoot, shoot, shoot" somewhat under my breath. In a matter of about two seconds Blue Eyes was walking around the house saying "shoot!" "shoot!" "shoot!""shoot!". I just praised the Lord that it wasn't a different 'sh' word that had come out of my mouth.

Much cuter than repeating an almost-bad-word, though, Blue Eyes has picked up on one of his daddy's favorite phrases. A phrase I never really noticed until it started coming out of the adorable 1 1/2 year old mouth... "mmm, dat good!" And he does it in a pretty good, just-took-a-bite, very-satisfied imitation of daddy, who leans back in his chair and says "mm, that's GOOD."

Also, we're at that stage where the answer to everything really is no. And if it's yes, no always comes out first. I'm going with the thinking that he's really smart, and he knows that no is always a safe answer. Just say no, then think about it. So often we get a "nooo" head shake, pause, then.. "yeaah".

2 Comments:

Blogger studiocitro said...

cute!

7:39 AM 
Blogger melissa said...

New post please!

9:38 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home