hello! Is anyone still lingering around this page? hello?
*crickets*
I'm not really sure what happened to July, or the beginning of August. Where did summer go? The public pools are already closed during the week because schools are starting soon, and we only made it there a couple times!
We have an almost two-year-old on our hands. He proves it daily with his bold statements such as "I DO IT!". I really think his vocabulary is growing daily. He's started putting together really good three and four word phrases, like "my shoe come off" and "no want it". He had an actual conversation with his aunt on the phone this morning, she asked what he was doing and he said "buildin' bridge", then she asked what was going through the bridge and he said "twain" and promptly took off to get the train and drive it through the bridge (like he could show it to her). He's constantly wanting us to "watch dis mommy" or "wook daddy!". My favorite words are the way he says "oo-kaay" and "coookie" and just in the last couple days "bobadabuilder"(Bob the Builder)
The last month consisted of:
cousin pictures on the beach in which I hid and my brother did a great impression of a "moounster" to get the wiggly Blues Eyes to stop wanting mommy and to smile for the camera. Then playing on the beach.
some trips to the lakes and lots of "go-cart" rides with "gwampa" and with "gwama" and picking mulberrys and small green sour apples from the trees. "nomnom".
getting good at pretending to eat play food ("don't actually put it in your mouth, just pretend nomnomnom")
narrating car rides in OUR NEW VAN (because he can see out SO much better). "car coming!! CRASH" "Twain! mom, wook! Twain!" "truck coming" "doggy!"
Swimming lessons. Getting better at getting his face in the water, and LOVING the big waterslide "swide!" rides with mommy and the diving board on the last day. (Yeah, nothing like dropping your toddler into a lifeguard's arms in the deep end of the pool. Trust me, I wasn't without LOTS of hesitation. He LOVED it. "Agin!")
An afternoon with cousins at a splash park and looking at waterfalls and getting to see a train up close (VERY exciting). This was definitely after the swim lessons, I've never seen the kid run through water the way he did - he was soaked almost immediately upon getting to the park!
And, early this morning waking up not feeling good and wanting the "quackies" on his pillow. I was confused. Quackies? There aren't any ducks in his bed. He flipped his little pillow over and said "quackies go?" that's when I realized there were ducks on the pillowcase, that was being washed (because of middle-of-the-night vomiting). I'd never been entirely sure if he even cared that pillow was in bed, I guess he cares! (this pillow was MY little pillow when I was a kid - and yes, he feels better now).
And August - a week vacation in at the lake next week, planning for a two-year-old birthday party, and hopefully lots of relaxing and enjoying the end of summer!
2 Comments:
Most excellent update! Sounds like you are all having a wonderful summer :)
Such a sweet post! Love it! :) :)
Post a Comment
<< Home