Thursday, May 19, 2011

The view from here



We have kind of a fussy baby on our hands. I've heard it said that the first three months of life can be considered "the fourth trimester" and that babies need to stay as close to their mamas and all cuddled up (hence, the popularity of swaddling babies) those first three months. Someone must have told this baby about that, because he's definitely keen on being held, cuddled and all bundled up, but mostly he loves being wrapped up right next to mama.

I borrowed a moby wrap from a friend last week, thinking it would be nice when I need to be tending to both toddler and baby to have my hands free. Pipsqueak screamed the first couple times I put him in, but it didn't take long for him to figure out that this was a pretty good place to be. Mama likes it too, as long as I don't get backaches from it. I get housework done, computer work done, yesterday me and the boys walked to the park easy and stroller-free, and I'm probably getting more exercise with this extra weight.

Back to fussy baby... he's pretty content right after he's slept and eaten, but it doesn't take too long for him to get a little crabby again. He doesn't want to be put down, but can't always quite get comfortable being held. This morning he whined while I tried a bunch of different ways to make him happy. The minute I put him on my shoulder and started tucking him into this wrap, he was happy. Like, you finally figured it out mama.

So, this is the view from here... and I have a feeling it will be quite often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home