Monday, August 29, 2011
growing up
This blog tends to be all about these babies growing up. I remember when Little Man was a baby thinking that he'd stop growing so fast after we hit that one-year milestone but I'm realizing now, a week before his 3rd birthday, that it truly doesn't stop. Yeah, we don't hit milestones quite as quickly as we do with the baby, but time starts going so fast that it surely feels that way.We've officially crossed into no-nap zone for this little man. He'd been fighting going down for a nap for awhile, and when he finally fell asleep he'd sleep for two hours and then have a terrible time going to bed at night - often not going to sleep until 10. For some people, that schedule might be perfect... for me, it's horrible. I'M ready to go to sleep by 9:30! So it's stressful and annoying having a toddler still awake at that hour. We tested it this weekend, letting him just go and go all day. Minus one minor meltdown Saturday evening, he did great and when he went to bed - at 8:00! - he fell RIGHT asleep. Perfect. This means I'm waking up in the morning to a clean house and things on my to-do list finally getting done, having spent quality time with my husband. We might be in a honeymoon stage, but I love it.
The challenge? I still need daytime alone time. So right now Little Man is having a 'Play in your room' time. He's doing pretty darn good for a first time, so here's praying it'll become routine.
Baby Pipsqueak is growing up too. I wish I could say that he continued that sleeping-all-night streak... but no luck. Four nights in a row, and then something happened and he hasn't done it since. Just about every night I think "TONIGHT will be the night he sleeps good again" but, alas, no. In fact, lately he's been sleeping worse. My theory? He's so busy watching his big brother during the day that he doesn't eat enough, and has to wake up to get his fill at night. Argh. Dr's recommend waiting until 5 months (he just turned 4 months) to start rice cereal... but I'm tempted to try it anyway. I bought some this weekend.
Once he nailed the rolling-to-his-tummy thing, two days before he turned four months old, he hasn't hardly stopped rolling. He is constantly flipping to his tummy, and then frequently getting mad that he's there! OR he just rolls right back over... I keep wondering if he's going to figure out that rolling is a good way to go places. He's constantly moving off his blanket - and then spitting up on the floor! His uncle E was crawling at five months... I wouldn't be surprised if Pipsqueak follows suit, but we'll see!
1 Comments:
Hey Rochelle :)
Sure do miss seeing you across the road and having wonderful dinners with your beautiful family. Can't believe that baby Neil is already 4 months old!!
Post a Comment
<< Home