Friday, January 20, 2012

Nine Months

I can't believe it's been three months since I last posted.

Well. Okay. I can. There's a 3 year old talking in my other ear and climbing ("sneaking") on me right now. If it weren't Pipsqueak's nine month birthday, I would have given up writing this post before I even started. The holidays flew by, then I tried posting at eight months (actually started writing)and the distractions were just too great.

Can someone come entertain him please?

There's this theory that if you spend 20 minutes, 30 minutes, on the floor playing with the child that should buy you a hour or two of alone time because they are satisfied with having gotten mommy time.

It works the opposite way in this house. 20 minutes playing just means he wants 20 minutes more. The only way to buy true alone time is to sneak away when he's gotten busy in playing. agh. And I can't do this during naptime because it only exists on days we're going to be busy at night - and it happens at the expense of having him up until 10:00.

Yesterday we had a great day playing and getting things done. I guess it's only reasonable that today he would be driving me crazy. I know it has more to do with my attitude than it has to do with the child, but agh. I'm counting down the hours until daddy is home to run and play. I'm going to sit on the couch with a glass of wine.

But this post is not about the three year old. It's about this one:
From Winter 2011-2012


The NINE month old, who, in this picture, is hanging out in his favorite place in the house. It becomes an even better place when big brother is outside playing so he has someone to watch. Yes, he falls sometimes. I gave up trying to guard him from falling a while ago, as that's about all he wants to do and I would be spending my entire day sitting behind him. I just try to make sure there's nothing to dangerous for him to fall on. Does this make me a bad mom? He's really good at getting up and down, I promise. :)

Pipsqueak is SUCH a social little man, and he's WAY more of a cuddler than big brother was. One of these days I'll have to get a video of him as he cuddles into me - he buries his face in my shoulder and makes happy noises. Cutest thing ever. Then he peeks at whoever is around - daddy, grandma - then grins and buries his face into me again, and wiggles like he can't possibly get close enough. It's one of those things that makes every frustrating mommy moment worth it.

He grins and talks to everyone, charms his way into their hearts no matter where we are. At this rate he'll probably be that toddler yelling 'hi!' to everyone he sees in the grocery store.

And with that, see ya in three months. Or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa said...

And he certainly is a charmer :)

9:43 AM 

Post a Comment

<< Home